The Elder Scrolls Online: Fan Site Forum

Clothing

8 replies
43 posts
+6 Souls
Untagged users
This are the Clothing Passives Abilities:

1) Tailoring : Each SP will let you work better materials.
2) Keen Eye (Cloth) : Each SP will give you a easier way to find fibrous plants from 20-30-40 meters away.
3) Outfitter Hireling: Each SP time will improve what he will bring, up to 2 times a day
4) Unraveling : Each SP will maximizes the chances of extracting Clothing ingredients.
a) When making Jute or Raw Hide from raw materials there is a chance of getting a Blue Tanning.
5) Stitching : Each SP will reduce research time and add a extra research slot. -5% (2) -10%(2) - 20%(3)
6) Tanning Expertise: Each SP will improve the chances using Tanning.

It will cost 24 Skills Points to max everything in Clothing:

Material list for Light Armor
1) Jute : level 1 to 14 gear.
2) Flax : level 16 to 24 gear.
3) Cotton : level 26 to 34 gear.
4) Spidersilk : level 36 to 44 gear.
5) Ebonthread : level 46 to 50 gear.
6) Famin: level 50 gear plus increase damage and Veteran (1 to 3).
7) Ironthread : level 50 gear plus increase damage and Veteran (4 to 6).
8) Silverweave : level 50 gear plus increase damage and Veteran (7 to 8).
9) Void cloth : level 50 gear plus increase damage and Veteran (9 to 10).

Material list for Medium Armor
1) Raw hide : level 4 to 14 gear.
2) Leather : level 16 to 24 gear.
3) Thick Leather : level 26 to 34 gear.
4) Hide : level 36 to 44 gear.
5) Topgrain Hide : level 46 to 50 gear.
6) Fall Hide : level 50 gear plus increase damage and Veteran (1 to 3).
7) Iron Hide : level 50 gear plus increase damage and Veteran (4 to 6).
8) Scaled Hide : level 50 gear plus increase damage and Veteran (7 to 8).
9) Daedra Hide : level 50 gear plus increase damage and Veteran (9 to 10).

Quality and Tempers: There are 5 levels of quality and 4 different tempers to upgrade a gear.
White = Default
Hemming = upgrade to Green (Fine)
Embroidery = upgrade to Blue (Superior)
Nord Lining = upgrade to Purple (Epic)
Dreugh Wax = upgrade to Orange (Legendary)

Take in consideration that one will need more than 1 temper to improve the gear due that each temper give a % of chance, if you try to upgrade anything under 100% success there is a chance that the you will fail and destroy the item.

Styles: There is 14 different Styles, all they do is change the looks of the gear. Just need 1 style material per item one is making.

Traits: There is 8 different Traits per item type and slot.
Light and Medium Armor Traits
Sturdy (Quartz) = 22% to avoid decay when defeated.
Impenetrable (Diamond) = Increase resistance to Critical hits by 60.
Reinforced (Sardonyx) = Increase armor value by 4%.
Well-Fitted (Almandine) = Reduce the cost of sprinting by 2%.
Training (Emerald) = Increase armor skill line experience with this armor type by 22%.
Infused (Bloodstone) = Increase armor enchantment effect by 8%.
Exploration (Garnet) = Increase exploration experience gained by 6%.
Divines (Shappire) = Increase Mundus Stone effect by 4%.

NOTE: Everything is tentative for now, Still time for ZOS to polish stuff, so all skill lines, crafting and others is just a general guideline.
BOR%20Forum_TAG%20khupa.png
Posted Feb 19, 14 · OP · Last edited Mar 29, 14 by Khupa
0  Souls
Lisbeth MOD
94 posts
+26 Souls
I'm strongly considering going with clothier as my main crafting skill, but I'm also torn between Provisioning and Alchemy as well. I feel like a lot of people will be rushing for Blacksmithing and Clothier so good gear would be easier to find and I would be left to find my potions in dungeons.
2hdnmrq.png
Posted Feb 20, 14
+1  Souls
 Souls
43 posts
+6 Souls
Untagged users
Something to keep in mind, At the moment one have 8 character slots. So one can make 6 characters each one in a Primary Crafting. If one belong to a guild there will be other that can help you getting the mats and white gear that one can "destroy" for mats and exp. A good percentage will not craft at all.
Posted Feb 20, 14 · OP
0  Souls
45 posts
+5 Souls
Untagged users
I'm sure there will be plenty of ppl who will be makeing potions though. I knew ppl who loved finding ingredients an mixing em together in skyrim. Not my thing though really I'll probably do weapons an armor if anything.
Posted Feb 20, 14
0  Souls
16 posts
+2 Souls
Untagged users
I only played my Nightblade character for the last two betas (Feb. 2014) and was literally half naked much of the time due to the high cost of vendor armor. I am thinking I will tackle 3 professions in the actual game release and make "Clothier - medium armor" one of my objectives. Can the clothier skill progression be accomplished with minimal skill point investments outside of "medium armor" specific abilities?
Posted Mar 9, 14
0  Souls
Lisbeth MOD
94 posts
+26 Souls
At the very start of the game you'll be able to make your starter Armour easily and cheaply. You'll be able to take apart all your drops (light, medium, heavy Armour and weapons) to get the leather you need and then just make the Armour you need.
2hdnmrq.png
Posted Mar 9, 14
0  Souls
14 posts
+3 Souls
Untagged users
That's because there is no central place for crafters to reach out to the player base and sell the gear they make, IMHO. I started my first char and I got spanked because I could not afford gear. That would be addressed by a auction house for crafters
Posted Mar 17, 14
0  Souls
43 posts
+6 Souls
Untagged users
That's because there is no central place for crafters to reach out to the player base and sell the gear they make, IMHO. I started my first char and I got spanked because I could not afford gear. That would be addressed by a auction house for crafters
Or you could ask in game chat for somebody could make you some gear. I was making and selling some gear during this last beta. and will do the same when the game goes alive.
Posted Mar 18, 14 · OP
0  Souls
43 posts
+6 Souls
Untagged users
Just posted some information I learned during the last Beta.
Posted Mar 29, 14 · OP
0  Souls
0 users voted
other
10%
Announcement of